Developing Da Vinci 9

Standard

“Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

This course will focus on providing a differentiated curriculum for all learners. It will:

• accomodate self-directed learning inspired by students’ interests, experiences and questions
  • encourage metacognition (thinking about thinking) and self-assessment
  • develop both creative and critical thinking skills
  • include project based learning
  • emphasize problems, products and performances that are true-to-life, and outcomes that are transformational
  • expand problem-finding, research, and problem-solving skills as part of learning to think independently and learn autonomously
  • promote collaboration (helping students to work effectively as part of a team)

Most importantly, you will have fun as you learn about yourself as a student and an individual. You will discover tools that will help you to be more successful in school and in life.

Assignment Expectations

All assignments are to be handed in on time, unless some prior arrangement has been made with me. If your work is late, you will be required to work with me, outside of class time, until the work is completed. Of course, regular attendance is required. If you should miss class for a legitimate reason, it is your responsibility to find out about missed class work or assignments. This information will be regularly updated on the blog: mrscorman.edublogs.org. I suggest you bookmark this page.

Materials and Supplies

Please bring the following materials to class:

• pens (blue, black, red…)
  • binder
  • lined paper
  • agenda

Extra Help

I will find the time to provide extra help when you need it. Please come and see me so that we can plan a time that works for you, either before or after school, or at lunch.